Q: Stutter at take off, then ecm fuse blown.

Sometimes when I take off from a stop my truck will stutter (stall off and on off and on), and then will blow the 20 amp ecm ign (ignition) fuse.

That fuse supplies power to a number of different components including the fuel injector, ignition coil, ECM, ignition coil, crankshaft position sensor and vehicle control module. A faulty component, or short anywhere in this circuit, could cause driveability problems and blow the fuse. A professional, such as one from YourMechanic, can pinpoint the stuttering issue and get your truck running right.

3. Stutter at take off, then ecm fuse blown.