Q: So I put in aftermarket radio into my 02 Bonneville last Saturday and got it all wired up correctly. Later during the day it stopped working.

so i put in aftermarket radio into my 02 bonneville last saturday and got it all wired up corectly it turned on he memry was saving everything was fine but last tuesday i turned my car one it worked fine but later in the day when i was driving the radio randomly turned off and didnt turn back on the next day it turned on for like a minute and turned right back off i checked all the fuses theyre all fine i checked the wiring everything is the same and the connections are solid i have no idea what the problem is and why it wont turn back on now hoping maybe someone has an answer. Thanks i should probably add i didnt use and aftermarket harness i used the stock harness wiring cut that off and connected that to the aftermarket wires

Hi. Usually when this type of thing happens to a radio there is a problem with the radio itself. Since you mentioned that you used the car wiring and not a wiring harness some of those wires could be shorting out because they are touching or they could just have a bad connection.

I suggest you take back the radio you have and get a new one. If you still have the original pig tail to the car wiring I suggest you rewire that into the car wiring harness and use a wiring harness to connect the radio to the car. Also make sure all wiring is connected properly and all bare wiring is taped up and protected from contacting other wiring.

If you need some assistance with this, have one of our mobile technicians come diagnose the issue with your radio at your home or office for an accurate repair.

3. So I put in aftermarket radio into my 02 Bonneville last Saturday and got it all wired up correctly. Later during the day it stopped working.