I Jane a Saturn ion 2003 2.2 I changed starter and altern...

I Jane a Saturn ion 2003 2.2 I changed starter and alternator and it won't start. Battery tested Good. What's up Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?...

I Jane a Saturn ion 2003 2.2 I changed starter and alternator and it won't start. Battery tested Good. What's up Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded? Yes and no Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Ion yourself? What have you tried so far? Yes and I changed the starter and then the alternator Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you? Also how do you disconect the security cut off

Automotive Expert
Welcome to JustAnswer! You can ask unlimited questions to any of the 12,000 Experts! From doctors, lawyers, tech support, contractors, tutors, auto and boat mechanics, appliance technicians, veterinarians, accountants, appraisers, psychologists, engineers, heavy machinery masters, dream interpreters, and more, we've got you covered, 24/7. My name is \*\*\*\*\* \*\*\*\*\* I will be able to assist you. I’m sorry that you’re having trouble with your vehicle. Don’t worry though, we’ll be able to figure this out. Thank you for taking the time to let us help you out with this problem and hopefully we can sort it out quickly. Please understand that I do not know your knowledge or capabilities so I may need to ask questions to find out basic information to help solve your specific problem. Sometimes it may take a moment for me to respond because I may have to look up information about your concern. I appreciate your patience and will provide responses as soon as possible. First make sure your key fob has a good battery in it. Use the key fob remote to lock and unlock the doors. Turn the ignition on for 30 seconds and it should start. If it doesn't then lock and unlock the driver door with the physical key and turn the ignition on for 30 seconds. If it still doesn't start then there is a problem with the anti theft system and will require a scan tool to find the problem. To determine what the problem is you will need to use a scan tool to read the trouble codes (if any are stored) and also to view the data in the antitheft module to see what inputs / outputs are being recognized by the module. This will determine whether you have a problem with the key, receiver, module, or any other part of the system. Since there are not any common problems for this issue, I can not recommend any specific repair for this fault. If the module has any trouble codes stored let me know what they are and I will be able to pinpoint a specific problem for this issue. My goal is to give you the best service possible and to help you. If you have any questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to let me know. If I’m not online at the time, I will respond ASAP when I get back.

Can we literally speak to someone
Automotive Expert
Just click on the phone call offer and an available expert will call you.