Q: Q: reverse gear

Transmission works fine in all gear but reverse. Most of the time when shift reverse. .If I park the car with front down hill. Car will go forward. I can not feel it engaged like D , 1, 2.( engage will have a feel of card venerating) If add gas it may let the engine spin to 2000 or even more. Suddenly the reverse gear will engage and car will back up. If can parked with front uphill, the reverse will work ok. Does the shifting cable or solenoid need replace or transmission need rebuilt? The check engine light did not on.

The transmission filter inlet is toward the rear of the vehicle on the transmission. When you are pointing down hill, you may be starving the transmission for fluid and it cannot engage without fluid. You should try parking on a flat surface and check the transmission fluid level when it is warmed up running in park.

The fluid should be filled to the top of the full hot line if it is low. If this does not fix the problem, then try getting the filter and fluid changed to see if you may have a filter leak inside the transmission causing it to suck air on the hill. If this still does not work, then you may be parking on too steep of an incline than what the engine and transmission was designed for. If you want to have this looked at, a certified technician from YourMechanic can inspect your shifting issue and let you know what needs to be done.

3. Q: reverse gear