Q: Rear sliding door on passenger side will not close or window raise up.

Purchased a used 2014 Tow and Country from a Nissan dealership. Paid for an extended warranty from Quality guard-plus. Our rear passenger door would not close completely and the dash confirms it. We then have to manually shut it. Took it to a Chrysler dealership to get it fixed. We were told after a diagnostic that it was a power door actuator. Warranty company covered the cost. Now we're being told that a new lock assembly was installed and not a actuator. We are still having the same issue and now the window will not raise up as well. The final verdict is that there is wire harness issue. What could be the problem?

Hi there. The common issue with this model is the wiring harness to the sliding doors. The harness runs along the chain and is folded upon itself with each operation. This constant folding and unfolding process causes a weak point in the harness and eventually results in a break in the wires. This harness connects all electrical components in the door to the vehicle harness for operation; this should have been checked first. I suggest having a qualified technician perform an inspection to avoid replacing unnecessary parts and provide an accurate diagnosis. Your Mechanic has several available technicians that can assist you with an electrical problems inspection.

3. Rear sliding door on passenger side will not close or window raise up.