Q: radiator went out and now then engine wont start. 2000 Ford Ranger

my friend and I where driving my truck and all of a sudden smoke started coming out of the hood and we stopped at there friends place and we found out that the radiator has a leak. we tried to get it back into town but the engine just stop working. there where some clunking noises. I have replaced the battery and still wont turn over it sounds like it wants to turn over.

Hello - if the engine was overheated long enough, there could have been mechanical failure internally as well - beyond a blown head gasket. With your higher mileage, anything from the engine "jumping time", to a broken piston from hot lubrication failure, are possible. I recommend a thorugh engine inspection performed by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.