Q: radiator went out and now then engine wont start. 2000 Ford Ranger

my friend and I where driving my truck and all of a sudden smoke started coming out of the hood and we stopped at there friends place and we found out that the radiator has a leak. we tried to get it back into town but the engine just stop working. there where some clunking noises. I have replaced the battery and still wont turn over it sounds like it wants to turn over.

Hello - if the engine was overheated long enough, there could have been mechanical failure internally as well - beyond a blown head gasket. With your higher mileage, anything from the engine "jumping time", to a broken piston from hot lubrication failure, are possible. I recommend a thorugh engine inspection performed by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.

3. radiator went out and now then engine wont start. 2000 Ford Ranger