Q: Problem with the central door lock - 2006 Mercedes-Benz B200

I have a problem with the central locking actuator on my car, more specifically on the front door of the passenger's side. Upon pressing the button on the remote, the door knob starts moving up and down very fast. There is also a sound that is similar to a gun that can be heard while the door knob moves. I attempted to get the actuator removed but it seems to be connected to the lock on the door. I even tried to remove the inner door panel made of aluminum but couldn't remove it fully. I attempted to unscrew the lock from the outside. I don't know how to remove it. Do you have some suggestion how I could fix the actuator?

A: Hello. The inner door panel will have to be...

Hello. The inner door panel will have to be removed before the actuator can be removed properly. There are also connection rods to the actuator that need to be removed as well. My suggestion would be to have a certified technician, like one from YourMechanic, who can assist you with replacing the door lock actuator at your home or office.