Q: Previous owner had tuner but lost it

I have a 99 cobra guy I bought it from installed a jlt cold air intake and a bama sct x3 tuner he lost the tuner when he sold the car to me I want to do a bunch of bolt on upgrade that will require a nex tune (sct x4) so to do so will I just need the past flashed back to factory setting and then install all the parts then install the tuner or what will need to be done

The new tuner will just save the program you have now and upload a new one. You can never get the factory program again if the tuner is lost, unless a dealer reprogrammed the computer with an update calibration file. You should not have any problems with the new tuner but I wouldn’t hurt to ask the tuner manufacturer.

If you run into any problems, feel free to contact a certified technician, such as one from your mechanic to diagnose any issues with your electrical components. Best of luck.