Q: Previous owner had tuner but lost it

I have a 99 cobra guy I bought it from installed a jlt cold air intake and a bama sct x3 tuner he lost the tuner when he sold the car to me I want to do a bunch of bolt on upgrade that will require a nex tune (sct x4) so to do so will I just need the past flashed back to factory setting and then install all the parts then install the tuner or what will need to be done

A: The new tuner will just save the program yo...

The new tuner will just save the program you have now and upload a new one. You can never get the factory program again if the tuner is lost, unless a dealer reprogrammed the computer with an update calibration file. You should not have any problems with the new tuner but I wouldn’t hurt to ask the tuner manufacturer.

If you run into any problems, feel free to contact a certified technician, such as one from your mechanic to diagnose any issues with your electrical components. Best of luck.