Q: One of my cylinders is gone out.

Can I drive my car 45 minutes away and back if 3 out of 4 cylinders are working? I'm in college and live 45 minutes away and need to know can I drive it.

A: Generally, your car will still run well eno...

Generally, your car will still run well enough to move, however it will not perform well and may potentially get worse along the way depending on what is causing the first cylinder to misfire. In the event the same issue that is causing one cylinder to misfire becomes an issue for other cylinders as well, this may cause much more damage than just the one misfiring cylinder and may potentially leave you stranded.

There is no way to tell for sure as to how far it will make it in the current condition. I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose your cylinder misfire firsthand for an accurate suggestion and repair path.