Q: Noise under the driver's seat

I purchased the car about a year ago and it's been having many issues ever since then. The car makes a loud noise which is noticeable when I'm inside of the car. The noise is coming from the area under the driver's seat. As I shift gears, I've noticed that the noise is changing. I took it to a mechanic who first said it was coming from the gear. After switching off the car and removing the belt, the mechanic started the car but there was no noise. Then. I was told it might have something to do with the power steering. I had that replaced with a used part but the noise was soon back. Also, if I let the car sit for a few days, the right side on the front end would drop down. What is causing all this? What should I do?

First off, the first side of the car dropping down indicates a problem with the air suspension - most likely a failed air strut. As far as the noise goes, if it goes away with the belt off, the noise is caused by one of the belt drive accessories and it’s most likely a pulley bearing. The belt will need to be moved and each of the accessories turned by hand for inspection. I recommend having a trained professional, such as one from YourMechanic, inspect the noise and relevant systems for you in order to have this corrected.

3. Noise under the driver's seat