Q: My SUV has rough idle 1996 Ford Explorer

I would start it up RPM IS running at 1000 then all of a sudden RPM would drop to 500 RPM. then it would cut off. The only way to keep the engine is to push the gas. I have replaced spark plugs and ignition wires ,air and fuel filter, and idle air control valve and cleaned my mass air sensor . My check engine light is on . First it read intake manifold gasket got it reset. now reads lean fuel mixture

Hi there - your problem codes and their description were proper guidance - you have an air leak in your engines intake system, and the idle air controller is unable to compensate for this problem While it may or may not have been a leak with the intake manifold, there is an air leak. It’s time for some diagnostic work to determine which air intake hose connection or component is leaking - causing the lean condition indication, and increased idle speed. I recommend a high idle speed inspection performed by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.