Q: My SUV has rough idle 1996 Ford Explorer

I would start it up RPM IS running at 1000 then all of a sudden RPM would drop to 500 RPM. then it would cut off. The only way to keep the engine is to push the gas. I have replaced spark plugs and ignition wires ,air and fuel filter, and idle air control valve and cleaned my mass air sensor . My check engine light is on . First it read intake manifold gasket got it reset. now reads lean fuel mixture

Hi there - your problem codes and their description were proper guidance - you have an air leak in your engines intake system, and the idle air controller is unable to compensate for this problem While it may or may not have been a leak with the intake manifold, there is an air leak. It’s time for some diagnostic work to determine which air intake hose connection or component is leaking - causing the lean condition indication, and increased idle speed. I recommend a high idle speed inspection performed by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.

3. My SUV has rough idle 1996 Ford Explorer