Q: My power steering pump failed again?

My power steering went out and I was told that the pulley on it went out as well. What could cause it to do that? Also this is the Second time I've replaced it in a span of two month. I'm trying to see what the issue could be before replacing the pump and pulley again

Hi there. Having to replace the power steering pump and pulley this time, leads me to believe the power steering pulley may have had an issue and was overlooked the first time. Not knowing the original cause of the power steering pump failure and the failure this time (pump leaks, pump seizure) makes it difficult to ascertain whether this will happen again. I recommend having your vehicle’s failed power steering pump be diagnosed and repaired by a certified technician, such as one from YourMechanic.

3. My power steering pump failed again?