Q: My engine's cylinder 5 is misfiring

Can this be fixed by replacing 2,4,6 spark plugs. What other steps can be taken to fix this issue?

A: Hello there. A cylinder 5 misfire is a comm...

Hello there. A cylinder 5 misfire is a common problem with your vehicle. There are a number of common causes for misfires, including the spark plugs, the spark plug wires, the cap and rotor, the crankshaft position sensor, vacuum leaks, or the mass airflow (MAF) sensor. If the spark plugs are replaced, they should be done for all cylinders because they all wear down over time, and so if one is worn, they all are. A qualified technician, such as one from YourMechanic, will be able to diagnose your engine misfire and make any repairs required to resolve the issue.