Q: My CV axle won't go in due to a metal piece in transmission.

When you go to slide the axle back in on driver side the axle won't go all the way in when u pull it out and look there is a metal looking shaft in the way idk what to do

Hi there. Check the CV shaft and see if the retainer clip is on the end of the splines. If the retainer clip is missing, then the clip fell off inside the transmission. Get a flashlight and a pair of needle nose pliers and see if you can fish out the retainer. If the retainer is on the CV shaft, then the thrust bearing inside the transmission may be damaged. If you are unable to install the CV shaft then I recommend seeking out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.

3. My CV axle won't go in due to a metal piece in transmission.