Q: My car takes a 195 55 r15 but i currently bought 195 65 r15 what well be the affects and well it pass a safety inspection with big

My car takes a 195 55 r15 but i currently bought 195 65 r15 what well be the affects and well it pass a safety inspection with bigger tires on

The 195 65 R15 size has a 7% greater diameter than the stock tires. A consequence is your speedometer (which was calibrated to the OEM specified tire) reading will be inaccurate. For example, if your speedometer reads 65 miles per hour with your original tires, increasing the tire diameter by 7% means your actual speed will be 69 miles per hour (your speedometer will read 65 but an accurate radar gun will read 69 miles, that is your actual speed). Only tire sizes recommended and approved for the specific rim size and/or vehicle year, make and model can be safely used. If in your circumstance a shop incorrectly specified tires for your vehicle they are obligated to take the tires back and offer a full refund. Your question as to inspections depends on your state and jurisdiction. If the authority where you are located does not check speedometer calibration and/or does not check to see if the installed tires are among the factory specified and approved sizes, then there will be no consequences in terms of inspection. Overall, the basic rule is only tire sizes specified by the OEM manufacturer, and documented in the relevant cataloging, can be safely used. Outside of that, in essence the vehicle owner is conducting an experiment and in this example the experiment affects the accuracy of the speedometer. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.

3. My car takes a 195 55 r15 but i currently bought 195 65 r15 what well be the affects and well it pass a safety inspection with big