Q: My car over heated so we replaced the thermostat, 3 hoses and flushed the system. 5 days later my gauge is gettin

My car over heated last week so we replaced the thermostat, 3 hoses and flushed the system. 5 days later It’s overheating again. My gauge is pegging hot and then fluctuating. I turned on the heater to try and relieve some of the heat and the air came out cool. My mechanic presumes it might be the coolant temperature sensors. What do you think?

I would suspect the coolant temperature sensor as well other than the fact that the heat comes out cold. It is possible that you have a coolant leak somewhere that is causing your coolant level to drop. When the coolant level drops the engine will begin to overheat. I would recommend having your vehicle’s cooling system pressure tested in order to determine the source of the potential leak.

3. My car over heated so we replaced the thermostat, 3 hoses and flushed the system. 5 days later my gauge is gettin