Q: My 2005 Saturn vue is starting to have high rpm's while driving

asked by on May 02, 2017

When driving at about 40mph the rpm's is running at about 4000 What seems to be the problem

Transmission Fluid Service $125.08 - $445.00 Get a Quote

Hi there, A number of things may cause this to happen, but it sounds like your vehicle may be a bit low on transmission fluid or you may potentially have a bad transmission control solenoid. As you know, the transmission works on hydraulic pressure built up from the fluid inside and uses this pressure to activate solenoids that cause the transmission to shift. When these are not working properly or when you have low transmission fluid, this does not happen which usually results in erratic shifting patterns, or in some cases no shifting at all. I would suggest having a professional from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose and inspect your vehicle.