Q: Lost brake & power steering pressure

I was driving to work, right before i got there, i was trying to brake & I had to push the pedal all the way down for it to brake, my steering wheel was stiff as well. I figured my powering steering pump messed up, when i checked the power steering fluid, the fluid was moving. Would the Vacuum pump be the reason for the loss of pressure? How would i check it?

A: Hello there, a few different items can caus...

Hello there, a few different items can cause a decline in the brake pedal movement and the steering to be stiff. The most likely would be the hydroboost, brake master cylinder, or power steering pump.

The hydroboost system adds pressure to both the brake system and the power steering system. It is safe to say a vehicle with poor brakes should not be driven until the fault can be resolved. If you decide to get this fixed, contact a qualified technician who will be able to diagnose your brake and steering systems. Once this is done, an accurate repair can be preformed.