Q: Key turns without resistance and no crank 96 ford explorer 2wd

Key turns all the way from lock to start without starting and no resistance. Could it be the ignition switch or the starter? Or could it be something else?

Hi there. In most cases, this problem is caused by the ignition cylinder being damaged or the ignition relay being faulty. If you can push the key forward all the way and nothing happens, not even a click, then it is likely the ignition relay that needs to be replaced.

3. Key turns without resistance and no crank 96 ford explorer 2wd