Q: Will a catch can fix my oil consumption problem on my 2005 Infiniti g35

My car consumes several quarts of oil between oil changes (approx 4 quarts every 3k miles)

Will installing a catch can improve this issue?

A: Hi there. Aftermarket catch cans can help t...

Hi there. Aftermarket catch cans can help to reduce oil consumption on some engines. Some 3.5L engines are prone to excessive oil consumption after 100,000 miles due to low spots in EGR passageways. The catch can is designed to collect oil vapors and condensation that otherwise is burned during the combustion process. Make sure you purchase a high-quality catch can; such as one with a stainless steel internal baffle that allows better air circulation.