Q: Small amount of washer fluid in radiator, will this affect the engine

Small amount of washer fluid in radiator, will this affect the engine

Hi Gregory. Thanks for contacting us today. If you accidentally added windshield washer fluid into your coolant reservoir, it should be drained before you start the engine if possible. Windshield wiper fluid contains a small amount of soap, which will rapidly expand as the coolant gets hotter. This can cause radiator or coolant lines to become clogged. If the engine was started after adding the windshield washer fluid, it’s probably best to have it flushed to be on the safe side.

3. Small amount of washer fluid in radiator, will this affect the engine