Q: It just won't turn over it takes me forever sometimes the batterys new & all the lights & radio work, & it makes a hissing noise

My car just won't turn over. It takes me hours sometimes, sometimes minutes. All the lights and radio work and it make a hissing in the fuse boxes on the inside and under the hood. The battery is brand new the starter is fine I don't know what else it could be

Hi there:

When you turn the key in your ignition, several things happen. First, the battery sends voltage to the starter, the spark plugs and the main relay. The starter is what’s responsible for turning the engine over initially. If there’s a problem with any one of these components, then your car may not turn over. Depending on the problem, you may hear nothing but a clicking noise when you turn the key, or you may hear the engine trying to turn over, but not quite managing it. The best way to resolve this problem is to have a professional mechanic complete a car will not turn over inspection at your location.

3. It just won't turn over it takes me forever sometimes the batterys new & all the lights & radio work, & it makes a hissing noise