Q: Crank, no start

asked by on March 26, 2018

One day, my wife tells me that her car needs oil and it won't start. I check for oil and there's no oil left so I add oil to the correct marking. I try to start, crank no start. I have a friend check it out. He presses the gas pedal to the floor and starts the car. Super rough idle. I replace the throttle body, the iat sensor and the battery. I've checked fuses and all seem fine. I can hear the fuel pump turn on for a few seconds when turning the ignition to on. Could it be the crankshaft position sensor? If so, where is that located?

Hi Chris. Thanks for contacting us today. The crankshaft position sensor is located near the front of your Saturn’s motor, near the front crankshaft pulley. It is possible that this is the source of your hard to start issue, however, it would be accompanied by an error code in the ECU. It would be a good idea - and smart money spent, to have a professional mobile mechanic come to your location to complete a car is hard to start inspection first, so you can be certain the right repairs are made.