Q: Ignition problems with car.

Previously, the car was turning over but struggling to start. Today, the electrical was failing when starting.

A: Your issue might be low battery voltage. Wh...

Your issue might be low battery voltage. When your crank your car, the starter draws amperage from your battery. Once the car is running, the alternator recharges the battery and gets it ready for the next start up. Things like dirty or loose battery terminals cause poor connections and even if your alternator is working fine, the voltage may not be getting to your battery. Also a battery that is just not holding a good charge anymore will cause symptoms like you are describing. A technician should be able to perform a visual inspection of your battery and terminals as well as perform a load test on your battery and test your charging system for proper operation.