Q: I was driving and there was a big clunk do you know what it could've been?

The clunk was really loud and it was on a hill as I was stopping then i drove it home and didn't make the noise

Hi there. From the description you have provided, a loud clunk while stopping on a hill and no noise driving home is difficult to say what it could’ve been. It could be the driveshaft slip-yoke binding. This is challenging since I don’t know the area the noise came from. If it’s the front, middle, or rear of the vehicle and only happening once, then it will make the diagnosis tougher. If you are consistently hearing the noise or are beginning to experiencing drivability concerns, then I recommend having a certified technician come to your car’s location to pinpoint the noise in person.

• I was driving and there was a big clunk do you know what it could've been?