Q: i switched the timing chain tensioner and when i put it all back together it wont start

there is no compression and when it tries to start it doesnt turn on it also doesnt get electricity to the spark plugs. the timing chains might not be in time all together or is it that the back chain might of fallen off its place

As you may know, your car has a sensor called a crankshaft position sensor and a camshaft position sensor. Both of these sensors monitor the position of the camshaft and crankshaft and relay this information to the ECU which controls the ignition timing. When either of these sensors detect that the crankshaft or the camshaft is out of position relative to where it is supposed to be given the engine rotation, this will create problems with ignition and ultimately spark being delivered to the spark plugs. This is most likely related to your timing chain being out of position as you mentioned. A certified YourMechanic technician can be dispatched to your location to help you diagnose and repair your vehicle’s starting issues.

• i switched the timing chain tensioner and when i put it all back together it wont start