Q: I drove van shut it off for less than a minute tried to turn on and it wont. The headlights come on though

The van stopped working after shutting it off for less than a minute.

Hello. A vehicle that will not start can be caused by many things. If the engine does not even crank, it may be possible that the battery is low, or that there is an issue with the starter. If the engine cranks but does not start, it may be possible that there is an issue with the engine management system. A few common causes for a crank, but no start condition are a bad ignition coil, bad crank position sensor, a bad fuel pump, or any off the associated wiring and relays. I would start by making sure that the battery is good, and then going from there. If you need help with this, a certified professional from YourMechanic can come to your car’s location to diagnose the starting problem and guide you with repairs.

3. I drove van shut it off for less than a minute tried to turn on and it wont. The headlights come on though