Q: Octavia won't start

skoda octavia 2009 1.9 diesel, cut out, now wont start changed in tank pump as no fuel coming up to filter changed pump, oil light flashing 3 times, changed oil pressure switch as was old and corroded, still tried to turn over no joy and ticking noise from starter area ?

Hello. From what you describe, it appears that your vehicle may be having more than one problem. A no-start condition will be caused by a different set of issues then a flashing oil light.

A no-start condition can be caused by a wide variety of issues. If you already replaced the in tank pump and the issue has persisted, then it may be possible that there is an issue with another component of the fuel system. Perhaps one of the injectors or electrical components has failed.

If the vehicle still cranks, then it is likely that the starter is still in good shape. Also keep in mind that a faulty battery can sometimes produce similar symptoms to what you are experiencing.

A flashing Oil Light is caused by oil pressure problems or a faulty switch. If the switch is replaced, and the light still flashes, then there is either a wiring or oil pressure issue. As diesel engines operate differently then regular gasoline, I would recommend having a professional technician inspect the no-start and Oil Light for you in person for a more precise diagnosis.