Q: how difficult would it be to update the engine?

How difficult and how much would it cost to update the 2005 3.0 v6 duratec with 200hp to new newer 2010-2012 from a newer escape with 240hp?

Hi there. This question would not be able to be answered for you without a thorough research into the two engine differences. The 5 to 7 year difference would mean the intake and exhaust along with the computer components and wire harnesses will all be different. Your best bet would be to find a shop that would be willing to do the swap for you and could give you a quote. If it was me, I would start with a quote, of say 15 hours, to start the job and then add more time as needed to complete the job. I found that even if you got an engine that is the same year you run into issues with the swapping of components that do not match or were damaged during the removal process.

3. how difficult would it be to update the engine?