Q: Gearshift comes out of Park when engine off

The key tumbler came out when someone broke into my car. And the gearshift comes out of Park when the engine is off.

Hello. I am so sorry this happened to you. It is likely that the thief did irreversible damage to the shifter, immobilizer system, and the ignition system when trying to force the vehicle to start. I suggest that the vehicle is evaluated by a technician to determine which parts of the shifter and the ignition system were broken or damaged by the thief. If the key tumblr was not removed properly, damage to the steering column and key tumblr may have occurred. If you need further assistance, I recommend you have a certified technician, like one from YourMechanic, inspect for failing ignition components and make any repairs necessary on your vehicle.