For [starters](/topics-starter-ford/), I have a 2001 Ford...

For [starters](/topics-starter-ford/), I have a 2001 Ford F150 4x4 XLT 5.4L v8 Mechanic's Assistant: When you turn the key, do you get a single loud click, or a series of rapid ones? What? No. Mechanic's Assistant:</b...

For [starters](/topics-starter-ford/), I have a 2001 Ford F150 4x4 XLT 5.4L v8 Mechanic's Assistant: When you turn the key, do you get a single loud click, or a series of rapid ones? What? No. Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your F150 yourself? What have you tried so far? It runs. Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you? I just finished changing [spark plugs](/topics-spark-plug-ford/) and coil packs,. But its still misfiring, lost of power. Dumping more fuel &, loud taping /air noise when in gear.

Automotive Expert
Hi my name is \*\*\*\*\* \*\*\*\*\* I will be assisting you today. The system will offer a phone call but please disregard. So to start with since you have already taken care of the basics. And you said there is a loud tapping noise. I would inspect the valve train of the bank that is misfiring to check for a bad [camshaft](/topics-camshaft-ford/) and bad lifters.

Customer attachment 1/23/2021 5:20:54 AM

I also noticed one day one of the hoses connected to both the i want to say map senor was disconnected. By any chance do you think the senor could have went bad & is causing a misfire?The tapping noise also sounds like a hissing noise.
Automotive Expert
Usually when the sensor goes bad it will cause the vehicle to have a really lean condition or rich condition. The only thing that could cause a misfire is a bad plug distributor/coil, bad injector, or internal mechanical issue. Can you attach a video of the noise. A bad vacuum leak can cause the vehicle to run bad and act like it has a misfire.

If you will be available tomorrow evening after work I will go get the codes ran again.I will try to get a video. Yet tou can only really hear it when it's in gear and throttle is being pressed.Before I changed the spark plugs & coil packs today . I had codes for both cylinders 1&2 running lean . Cylinder 8 running rich. By time I finished the tune up today it was 9pm it took a while before the [engine](/topics-engine-ford/) light came back on but instantly after starting engine . Whole truck shakes worst than before.
Automotive Expert
only when the engine is under load. Has the engine been checked for vacuum leaks yet?

No I haven't checked for that. What's the best way to check for leaks
Automotive Expert
I would start by inspecting all hoses going into intake manifold. Then use a can of starting fluid and spray around the manifold and hoses and if idle changes you know you have a leak.

Okay yeah I've heard of that just didn't know if their was a better way. Okay once I'm able to get that leak test done I will let you know the results . & also get codes ran again.
Automotive Expert
Ok

When Jesus co.es back up here can you give him. My last check stub? I'm trying to calculate what I can afford.Comes\*
Automotive Expert
Huh?

Oh I'm sorry wrong person.Anywho i sprayed all the hoses but I couldn't determine where its leaking from. I tried looking up the complete set of vacuum hoses for that truck. But couldn't find anything. Do you have a clue where I'd be able to order it?
Automotive Expert
Have you tried rockauto.com