Q: Cranks but won't turn over

I was driving too work everything was working fine. Then the engine just died. It will crank but not turnover Fuel pump is working.

3. Cranks but won't turn over

Q: The car has no compression and there is a lot of oil in the cylinders how would I fix this?

Hi and thank you for contacting YourMechanic. If there truly is no compression and signs of oil inside the cylinders, the only way to fix this issue is to have the engine rebuilt. The piston rings are worn or broken...

Q: Crank no start. Not switching signals at the ignition coil.

Hi there. When your friend removed the spark plug while the engine was running and it was not grounded, the lazy spark may have shorted out the module in the distributor or it could have shorted out the coil in...

Q: hard starting after engine has run. 1996 Ford F-150

Hey there, thanks for writing in. From what you describe, it sounds like the engine TFI module on the side of the distributor is most likely bad and causing the no start hot. If you would like to have this...