[Transmission](/topics-transmission-chrysler/) light isno...

[Transmission](/topics-transmission-chrysler/) light isnon Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the transmission fluid? No trying to take it to mechanic now but scared to drive. Mechanic's Assistant: What is the...

[Transmission](/topics-transmission-chrysler/) light isnon Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the transmission fluid? No trying to take it to mechanic now but scared to drive. Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model/year of your transmissions? I have a 2005 pt cruiser Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your PT Cruiser yourself? What have you tried so far? Mechanic has changed tie rods, fixed [shocks](/topics-shock-chrysler/) and struts Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you? I live ten minutes from mechanic is it okay to drive or do I have to get a tow truck

Automotive Expert
Hello, my name is \*\*\*\*\* \*\*\*\*\* to Just Answer! I will be assisting you with your questions today. Give me one moment while I review this.

Can I drive ten minutes to mechanic?
Automotive Expert
I’m very sorry that you’re having this issue and together, we will get this figured out. I will need your help too because I can’t see, touch, hear or smell anything that’s going on with your vehicle. We may also require some specialized testing tools in order to assist us in diagnosing the problems due to the complexity of today’s vehicles. JA will offer a phone call to you at an additional fee, it’s your choice. Please be patient with my replies, I reply back in question order received. If I send you an attachment, I will tell you, BUT, you will NOT get it on a phone; you must be on a tablet or PC. Please let me know when you are satisfied with my answers too so we can close out your question. That's a tough call about driving it. maybe your shop can come get it for you and they can make the call if it's okay to drive or not. When they do have the car, they will check it with a scan tool for codes as well as check the shift solenoids. Thanks again and all the best:) Ron Please feel free to text me back if you need any more help. Thanks again and be well:) Ron
Automotive Expert
FYI. If you had any questions, you could have just asked. Thanks again, Ron