When I try to start up the car it shakes and makes a drag...

When I try to start up the car it shakes and makes a dragging noise... Almost sounds like it's under the car... I have a manual. The car lights and everything turn on ac everything but when I turn the key all the way over it won't...

When I try to start up the car it shakes and makes a dragging noise... Almost sounds like it's under the car... I have a manual. The car lights and everything turn on ac everything but when I turn the key all the way over it won't start makes the shaking and noise like something is dragging at the bottom 2006 subaru impreza manual Mechanic's Assistant: Can you turn the steering wheel at all? And what about the key? Is it worn or damaged? No the car will try to start up but then shakes and makes that dragging noise It happen while I was driving and it wouldn't let me switch gear Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Impreza yourself? What have you tried so far? I have to get it towed Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you? No that's it. The car is only at 155458 miles.i already switched out the battery and alternator. It's not that.

Automotive Expert
Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP. Thank you for your reply and that information as this does help me better understand the situation. I’m sorry to hear you are having this problem. I know this can be frustrating. Please give me one moment to type out some info for you. I’ll be right back! A live optional phone call will be automatically offered by JustAnswer, you can accept or if you decide to decline we can continue with text until you feel the live call would be better suited to you. I will try to help you on this here is the clutch disc orignal on it ? prior to this happening ,was the clutch pedal engaging at top of the pedal travel or at the bottom ? can you you engaged in forward gears and move forward or no ? **Please Let Me Know** **Thank You** **Chad Farhat** **ASE Certified Technician**

I was on a three hour drive and about 2 1/2 hours into the drive the car had an off smell... When I tried to switch the gear it wouldn't let me and when I tried to make it switch gear it made that dragging noise worse and the car was shaking and of course it had that off smell.I bought the car via third party. I don't know much about cars and since I've had it... At least after I had an interlock installed I first had issues with the battery being dead... And then it wasn't fully that so I changed the alternator.... And now this issue....I am comfortable with a call as well.
Automotive Expert
ok got you This all sound that the clutch disc has worn out and not it is not separating from the flywheel to allow to engage and it will shake and drag when the clutch is worn out that should be the first thing to check on it NO Call Needed, Ignore it , Sorry website sending it not me

Everything seemed to be working great... I believe it was engaging well and rpms and the speed meter were reading accurate. When I turn the key but won't start it all the lights pop up and it tries to start. When the car started doing this the check engine light came on.Are those parts cheap if I buy them myself then get them installed?
Automotive Expert
It is not able to start or feels like dragging because the disc is holding the flywheel in place where it supposed to separate from it Parts: Clutch disc kit : $200 labor: 5 hrs, Transsmion has to be removed to access clutch disc

Ahhh okay so what kind of fix will this be? Are those parts expensive to replace?not terrible!Thank you sooo much! How does this usually happen? Is it something I'm doing wrong when I switching gears?
Automotive Expert
Buy the parts and find a shop to install it ,not expensive If you have any follow up questions, please let me know using the reply button. If you are satisfied with my help, please let me know so we can complete your question. Thank You Chad Farhat ASE Certified Technician Please Read Below How to Get Back in touch with Me You Can Always Come Back to this Conversation and Ask Me any Follow up Question you May have on this Issue (You can Copy this Link Page & Paste it in your Browser when Ready and it will Open up our Conversation Again) or there should be a Tab on your Screen to Add me As Your Favorite Expert I'm Online Daily from 7 Am Till Late Eastern Time Zone Thank You?Chad Farhat?ASE Certified Technician You are very Welcome If you need my assistance in the future, Start your Question with (FOR CHAD FARHAT ONLY) or Go to my profile page You can also add me as Favorite expert for any future questions [http://www.justanswer.com/car/expert-chadfarhat/?rpt=3800](//www.justanswer.com/car/expert-chadfarhat/?rpt=3800)

Thank you!!
Automotive Expert
you are welcome

FOR CHAD FARHATFOR CHAD FARHAT ONLY
Automotive Expert
how can I help you

I put oil in my car (it was completely empty) and it now starts... This is the noise it was making prior to when it wouldn't even start up.... So progress but now that it starts in it's making that noise still.

Customer attachment 9/6/2020 10:31:39 PM

This is it after the oil ran through a bit and it starting turning on.

Customer attachment 9/6/2020 10:32:40 PM

if I give it has it rems up the engine but then goes back out then starting making that screeching noise.
Automotive Expert
I see that but do you see how the shifter is also vibrating when it started how much engine oil you added ?

Yeah! It's still doing that so I'm wondering if it was the oil being ran out and something going on with the clutch?Sorry I'm also trying to teach myself here one because I want to learn and two it's cheaper if I'm capable of doing it myself. Lolthank you for your help and patience!
Automotive Expert
when you mash on the clutch pedal how does it feel? strong, comes back at you when pressed? or does it stay down :) the clutch be hard to do without a car lift and some major tools the oil in engine and clutch shaking should not be related

Yeah the clutch is a little more roughUghh of course ��
Automotive Expert
it does not even sound like it is starting to me from the video,it is trying too,i saw u kept your hand on the key in start position and when you let go it cut off

Okay... So it's just weird how my car wouldn't start but now it starts just has that odd noise.Yeah so the first one is when the car wouldn't start.But it starts nowI just didn't take a video... But you can see in the second video the alternator is now going because the car is now running.
Automotive Expert
I m not there, but all this leads towards the clutch, throw bearing, and pressure plate ( which is all part of the clutch will be the issue here, so you need a clutch kit if starts now that is good, if it was really low on engine oil, the oil pressure switch was preventing from starting earlier the only thing i can thin off I just saw that second video, that sound like a knock on internal to the engine ? does that noise under the hood goes away when the clutch pressed in ?

Nope it stays .. my other friend thinks it's the motor
Automotive Expert
the second video sound like a rod bearing internal to the engine and that means, another motor or rebuild that one and you can also have a clutch issue, I can tell 100% just from the video

Damn... Well I'll probably just [sell](/topics-sell/) it and I'm sure it will sell fast because it's a good car otherwise and not very many miles
Automotive Expert
I understand, i m sorry have a great rest of the evening ,we talk to you later

You too!
Automotive Expert
Thank you You are very Welcome If you need my assistance in the future, Start your Question with (FOR CHAD FARHAT ONLY) or Go to my profile page You can also add me as Favorite expert for any future questions [http://www.justanswer.com/car/expert-chadfarhat/?rpt=3800](//www.justanswer.com/car/expert-chadfarhat/?rpt=3800)