Q: In cold weather, the service all wheel drive light comes on 2008 Chevrolet Equinox

in could weather the service all weal drive light comes on. is this a major problem

Hi there - this is a frustratingly common problem with this model. If a problem code of C0550 is set (whether Check Engine is lit or not), it is possible this warning is the result of a lot battery voltage situation. Cold weather doesn’t help here. If you have made sure the battery system is in good charge (13v+), the clutch in the transfer case may need attention. If so, I would recommend a powertrain inspection by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.

3. In cold weather, the service all wheel drive light comes on 2008 Chevrolet Equinox