Q: In cold weather, the service all wheel drive light comes on 2008 Chevrolet Equinox

in could weather the service all weal drive light comes on. is this a major problem

Traction Control Light is on Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hi there - this is a frustratingly common problem with this model. If a problem code of C0550 is set (whether Check Engine is lit or not), it is possible this warning is the result of a lot battery voltage situation. Cold weather doesn’t help here. If you have made sure the battery system is in good charge (13v+), the clutch in the transfer case may need attention. If so, I would recommend a powertrain inspection by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.