Seeing if I can put 5w20 in when it reads to put 5w30 in ...

Seeing if I can put 5w20 in when it reads to put 5w30 in it? A 2006 Buick lacrosse cx 3.8 Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Lacrosse yourself? What have you tried so far? Myself but I've been putting in 5w30 ...

Seeing if I can put 5w20 in when it reads to put 5w30 in it? A 2006 Buick lacrosse cx 3.8 Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Lacrosse yourself? What have you tried so far? Myself but I've been putting in 5w30

Automotive Expert
Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer. My name is \*\*\*\*\* \*\*\*\*\* am a vehicle master tech located in the uk and I will do my best to assist you. During this conversation you will be given an automated offer for a phone call. You may accept or decline that offer.I don’t personally offer this service so if you take this another tech may call I’m sorry that you’re having trouble with your vehicle. Don’t worry though, we’ll be able to figure this out. Please understand that I do not know your knowledge or capabilities so I may need to ask questions to find out basic information to help solve your specific problem. My aim is to give you the best service possible and to help you. If you have any questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to let me know. Sometimes it may take a moment for me to respond because I may have to look up information about your concern. I appreciate your patience and will provide responses as soon as possible Can i first ask who i have the pleasure of speaking with today please ?

Cory
Automotive Expert
Hi Cory I hope you are well . It would not be advisable to add 5w20 instead of 5w30 because it doesn’t offer the same range of lubrications and could lead to engine wear as the oil doesn’t have the same range over the temperatures required for your engine .

appreciate it
Automotive Expert
Your very welcome

that's all for now
Automotive Expert
No problem . Merry Christmas and thanks for choosing just answer !

Merry Christmas to you too and thank you for your time and help
Automotive Expert
No problem at all