Q: battery voltage drops dead....

Hello. I have a 2001 ford expedition Eddie Bauer edition. The Battery voltage level dropped low suddenly and battery light indicator flickered for about 10 seconds and cut off about a month ago. I thought It was the battery so i replaced it. Then i cranked it again. The battery light indicator on the car no longer flickered but stayed on. An hour after driving it dropped dead again. I was then told it was the alternator. I purchased a brand new altenator and had it put on the car. It started to but the light was still on. It dropped dead again. When ibtook the battery to get charged autozone. Yesterday he noticed a wire hanging. Close by the starter could you tell me what this could be please....

The wire hanging may be an engine ground. Check the wire to see if it is black and see if it is broken or has a large eyelet where it should be connected somewhere. If it is the main ground then you may need to have it attached to the engine or frame depending where it came off. This will cause the kinds of problems you are having.