Q: air blend door

1) issue: drivers side vents supplying only vent air, while passenger side cold. Changed the actuator motor today and also took off and inspected the cover plate beneath it. after reinstalling everything, the system is totally out of sync. vents dont work. only defrost works. cold on right, hot on left, what a mess. Please advise about syncronizing system. Al

If you have different temperature from the driver and passenger sides, then that is a BLEND DOOR issue. The blend doors are little triangular devices with centers that rotate from an electrical signal. Their plastic gears can break, or the motor can lose the ability to move them. They are under the dash but reachable from the cabin without removing much more than the black noise panel. They are held in place by 3 screws (philips). At the center of the HVAC near the top, but reachable without removal, is a MODE DOOR. If you have an inability to get the air to blow anywhere but out the defroster, then that is a MODE DOOR issue. The mode door has a lever on the side, and you can move that manually. I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your home to diagnose and repair.

3. air blend door