Q: Wondering condition on a road test.

I am buying a first car is this a bad first car option

Hi there. If you are road testing a vehicle to buy, you will want to make sure that the vehicle is safe for road operation. During a road test, if the vehicle is wondering around, there could be multiple things wrong with the car. There could be one or more of the following issues:

• Loose suspension component
  • Loose or damaged steering component or tie rod end
  • Loose or damaged engine mounts
  • Alignment could be off
  • Vehicle could have been in an accident and has a set back issue with the suspension
  • The steering shaft could be loose on or in the steering system

I recommend checking all the safety features on the vehicle before making your decision. You do not want to get a vehicle that becomes a Lemon vehicle. If the vehicle is being sold by a local shop or side dealership, then they must fix the vehicle prior to selling it.