Q: won't shift to any gears

i was told i have to get a new transmission , Also everything works perfectly . Car starts but won't shift into gears at all .

Hi there. Is this a manual or automatic transmission? And what diagnostic procedure was performed to determine that the transmission needs to be replaced. Many times I have found there is simply a minor fault somewhere related to the transmission that could easily rectified at a lower cost and less labor intensive than replacing the entire unit. If it’s an automatic, it could be a faulty shift interlock switch or brake switch. If it’s a manual, it could a out of adjustment clutch, pedal, failed detent, or failed clutch disengagement. I suggest having a qualified technician perform an inspection to avoid replacing unnecessary parts. Your Mechanic has several available technicians that can assist you with a transmission is hard to shift inspection.

3. won't shift to any gears