Q: Won't engage gears 1994 Ford F250 4WD

asked by on December 12, 2016

I have a 94 Ford F-250 with a e40d tranny in it. Warmed it up for about 15 minutes this morning (it's about 25-30 degrees out) and took off down the road. Went about a mile from my house and went over some railroad tracks and all of the sudden it felt like it was stuck in neutral. I was in 4wd when it happend

Gears slipping when accelerating Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hi - for your "no movement problem" I would first check fuses for the transmission and 4WD controller. Then check the electrical wiring connections both to the transmission and to the 4WD controller. Perhaps the vibration of the railroad crossing shook something loose. For further diagnosis, I would recommend a driveline inspection by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.