Q: When I stop quickly then go to start the car hesitates then jolts forward

asked by on August 09, 2017

After having to stop quickly. When I push the gas the car hesitates then jolts forward

Car is hesitating and bucking Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

Hello, thank you for writing in. The first thing to consider is your driving habits. If you are consistently braking hard, it can be rough on your brake system and you transmission. The jolt is the biggest cause for concern. It may be your brake pads sticking, or it may be your transmission becoming delayed. Considering it is happening after a hard brake, it is likely the brake pads and caliper sticking to the rotor once your foot is off the pedal. This can happen for several reasons, but you want to pay attention to the level and condition of the brake fluid. These issues are typically hydraulic in nature. Secondly, you want to check the pads, calipers, and rotors themselves. If needed, seek help from a brake specialist who knows how to properly bleed and treat the system. For more help from our technicians, contact our service department to schedule an appointment.