Q: Every time I drive the epc light goes on and it's says check engine service now and sometimes it just cuts off while driving

asked by on October 05, 2016

epc light goes on and it's says check engine service now and sometimes it just cuts off while driving

Hello.

If your warning lights are on then the first thing I would do is retrieve the trouble codes, as they will likely reveal some insight on what the issue may be. Warning lights and stalling can be caused by many things.

A few common causes are a faulty idle control valve, a bad fuel pump, a bad ignition coil, or a wiring issues.

I would start by investigating the trouble codes and going from there. If you need assistance with this, consider YourMechanic, as one of our mobile technicians can come to your location and diagnose the trouble codes firsthand.