Tried starting car with alarm on, now flashing yellow key...

Q: Tried starting car with alarm on, now flashing yellow key light and won't start.

asked by on September 29, 2017

Was rolling out of the driveway in neutral before starting car (has loud exhaust previous owner Fast and furious fan?) alarm armed as I turned key. Csr wont start and has flashing yellow key light. Tried all online "tricks" nothing has worked. Don't wanna get raped after towed to VW for my beater/work car. NEVER had issue before this. Help...

It seems as if your vehicle thinks you are trying to steal it. This could be due to a number of different things. It is possible that the chip in your key if it has one could not be being recognized by the ignition switch. This could be due to a faulty ignition switch or ignition module. It is also possible that there is a theft module in your vehicle which could also be causing this issue. There may be some codes stored in your OBD2 system for this particular issue. Therefore, I would recommend having a qualified professional start out by checking for any trouble codes that may be stored in your vehicle. Once any trouble codes are retrieved the diagnosis of the issue will be much more clear. Consider YourMechanic as this can be done at your home or office.