Q: What would cause a vehicle to cut off going down the road?

My car keeps cutting off driving down the road. Sometimes I have to keep my foot near the brake and on the gas at the same time to keep from cutting off. We replaced the engine crank sensor, idling control valve, fuel filter and it still keeps doing it . I have to pull off the side of the road and try to start it back.

Car is stalling Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

A few possible causes of the stalling that you are describing are a faulty mass airflow sensor, faulty camshaft or crankshaft position sensors, worn spark plugs, wires or defective ignition coil(s), inadequate fuel delivery or pressure (clogged fuel filter, injectors, faulty fuel pump or pump circuit), contaminated or old gasoline, defective throttle position sensor, faulty idle air control valve, low idle speed, leaks in the EGR system, intake vacuum leaks, and so forth. If you request an engine stalling diagnostic the responding certified mechanic will get this resolved for you promptly. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.