Q: Spark Plug Socket size and extension bar

I want to buy spark plug socket for my santa fe but i do not know which size (metric) the socket should be. Also, I heard extension bar in required to reach the deep plug. How long should the extension bar be? Thanks in advance.

Depending on your preference I would recommend a spark plug socket 5/8 with at least a 8 to 10 inch extension. Get the locking type of extension to lock to the socket so it will not get stuck on the spark plug when removing it.

Personally, I use an extension attached with the socket but I also have a long extension with a socket that is permanently attached. I need to use these in different scenarios due to the vast amount of different types of cars and trucks I work on. You basically only need the locking extension and 5/8 socket. This will do the trick for you. If you’re unsure and don’t feel comfortable doing the job yourself, I’d recommend having a mechanic switch out the plugs for you.