Q: Do I have to change my ignition coils when i change my spark plugs?

Someone told me I can just change the spark plugs and use seafoam in gas tank and I'll be okay to drive from Texas to Louisiana

Hello. It really depends on the overall condition of the vehicle as to whether or not it will make that drive. Replacing the spark plugs is a good place to start maintenance, but I would definitely check all of the fluids and do a complete inspection of the car. As for the coils, they only need to be changed when they fail so it can be a big waste of money to change them when changing the plugs. If you want to have the car inspected, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your home or office to fully check it out before you go on your road trip.

3. Do I have to change my ignition coils when i change my spark plugs?