Q: Do I have to change my ignition coils when i change my spark plugs?

asked by on June 21, 2016

Someone told me I can just change the spark plugs and use seafoam in gas tank and I'll be okay to drive from Texas to Louisiana

75 Point Safety Inspection Get a Quote

Hello. It really depends on the overall condition of the vehicle as to whether or not it will make that drive. Replacing the spark plugs is a good place to start maintenance, but I would definitely check all of the fluids and do a complete inspection of the car. As for the coils, they only need to be changed when they fail so it can be a big waste of money to change them when changing the plugs. If you want to have the car inspected, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your home or office to fully check it out before you go on your road trip.