Q: what is my issue mostly when my truck is making a squealing sound

When I start my vehicle it makes a squealing sound and when I accelerate

A: The squealing sound during start up is comm...

The squealing sound during start up is commonly caused by a belt that is loose. Whether it’s the alternator belt, serpentine belt, or AC belt, the sound is almost identical for all three. When you accelerate, the loose belt will develop a louder pitch and might even go away for a while as the belt may tighten as it revolves around the pulley. However, this is a warning sign that the belt is about to break. A good idea is to have a professional mechanic inspect the squealing noise onsite and replace the belt in question as soon as possible.