Q: What does it mean when my batteries server active light reads on the car and what should I do it would not crank up?

What does battery saver active mean on my vehicle and it will not crank. What should I do?

You can do a couple things, you can connect a battery charger and charge the battery or you can jump start it with a jumper box or jumper cables. This light indicates the BCM (body control module) has detected the battery voltage is low and the car is taking steps to make sure it doesn’t become completely drained. A battery that is completely drained can be damaged from such an occurrence.

Some of the reasons this message will be displayed are a battery that needs to be replaced, the alternator is not functioning up to par, there is a drain on the battery from something left on or a parasitic draw or a poor connection at the BCM leading it to believe there is a problem with the battery voltage. Either way, the battery should be tested along with the alternator. If they both test good, the car should be tested for a draw.

The first steps to testing for an electrical draw involve checking for any interior lights, glove box lights or truck lights are on. Following these items, it is common for fuel pump relays and other modules can stay on or turn on long after the car has been locked. Testing for these failures requires experience.

If you require further assistance with this, I recommend the following inspection to help you out. Car is not starting

Good luck!

• What does it mean when my batteries server active light reads on the car and what should I do it would not crank up?