Q: After driving for a while I hear a loud squealing noise stops when I get off gas. sounds like overheating but temp gauge in car

asked by on July 11, 2017

Can a car overheat without showing inside car. After driving for a while hear loud squeal under the hood but stops when I let of gas

Idler Pulley Replacement $93.97 - $363.46 Get a Quote
Drive Belt Tensioner Replacement $134.81 - $601.33 Get a Quote

It sounds like you may have a dried out idler or tensioner pulley. These pulleys have bearings inside them that are lubricated. If the lubrication dries up after a period of time, this can cause the noises that you are experiencing. I would recommend having your vehicle inspected by a qualified professional to determine the exact cause of the noise. Consider YourMechanic as idler pulleys and tensioners can be replaced at your home or office.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $65/hr